Elections are an important part of democracy. They are, of course, linked with pre-election campaign. In addition to TV debates, billboards, leaflets and face-to-face meetings, social media play an important role as well.
Our project monitors, describes and analyses the communication of candidates on their facebook profiles. Daily, our team of analytics evaluates posts in terms of the content, topic or emotions. We also analyse sources, the number of interactions and deleted comments.
We analyze the development of the campaign globally through the number of interactions, topic, emotivity of posts and the number of comments deleted.
You can read about the results in Slovak language:
- from 1st January to 7th February 2019: Harabin has the most interactions, Bugár deletes the most comments
- from 1st January to 18th February 2019: Three strongest candidates lead the most positive campaign
- from 1st January to 3rd March 2019: Candidates’ facebook pages dominated by photographs
- from 10th January to 3rd March 2019 Čaputová has the most interactions on Facebook, Šefčovič deletes the most comments
- from 17th January to 24th March 2019: Čaputová is the winner in the number of interactions, Šefčovič in the number of delted comments